• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Asher's Orchid Slides Available

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I'm posting this for Doris Asher, widow of Jim Asher:

Jim Asher (1941-1996) was an active orchid researcher during the 1980’s when he took numerous trips to the jungles of Indonesia, Sarawak, and Sabah looking for Paphiopedilums. He found and photographed Paphiopedilum sanderianum, rothschildianum, stonei, lowii, victoria-mariae, javanicum, primulinum, purpurescens, glaucophyllum, and chamberlainianum. He spent a month in 1982 at Kew Herbarium in London doing research on Paph elliottianum, Paph adductum, and Paph supardii and took numerous photographs. He named two new paphiopedilum species: Paphiopedilum adductum (1983) and Paphiopedilum richardianum and had several substantive articles published in Orchid Digest, all illustrated with his own photography.

I am interested in disposing of all of Jim’s orchid slides – I will give them away with the recipient responsible for any costs associated with packing and shipping them. They currently occupy 18 running feet of shelf space.

Doris Asher
332-0004
[email protected]

I would love to have them....

I could also scan them and make them available for everyone else here, over time.

- Matt

I did... she said that they're talking to some local people who are interested first, so that they don't have to worry about the shipping costs. If that falls through, we'll take it from there, I guess.

- Matt

I did... she said that they're talking to some local people who are interested first, so that they don't have to worry about the shipping costs. If that falls through, we'll take it from there, I guess.

- Matt

What abot Media Mail...it is very reasonable for heavy weight...I would think that slides would fall into that catagory ?? 40lbs of books going to CT was around $17.00

Last edited:
I'd be happy to pay quite a bit for shipping... it seems that the problem is on the other end, with the packing. Mrs. Asher mentioned something about hiring movers... which makes me thing that perhaps there are more than I was thinking about :)

- Matt

The slides have been spoken for. I'll post and update when I have information I can release. They do seem to have gone to a good home.

Dear Matt,
it would be really the best idea to scan the material. So much more people would have the possibility to work with.
I would be also interested for but the slides are so far away from Germany.

Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back