Ascofinetia Cherry Blossom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
The cross Neofinetia falcata (white flower) x Ascocentrum ampullaceum (orange flower variety).
I had this plant since around 2013 when it was a small plant with just three flowers. It has been a faithful April/May bloomer.
As the flower grew older & larger, the number of inflorescence also went up.
There is mild sweet scent day & night. 😍

CB870985-7545-4CE6-8A5E-EDBCC23282EA.jpeg896C3870-B63B-493C-B456-76E6F3AF0332.jpeg

Ooooooo how beautiful. Growing conditions please:humidity, amount of light?
I grow it by the bright window. I do have it under florescent light just so it does not lean to one side.
My humidity runs on the low side typical of home. usually 30-40. Sunny winter days it is even lower and summer sees it a bit higher.
This plant has been in this 4inch round plastic pot with clay balls at the bottom of the pot which is then filled with a mix of orchiata, perlite and charcoal. It's been sitting in this same mix since 2015. I want to give it more room with fresh mix, but with aerial roots now going crazy, have not yet decided on what mix I want to try next.
I'm thinking of coconut fiber or large chunks of orchiata.

That is an impressive amount of flowers indeed!
I want more like Carmela clone where each spike has almost 20 flowers or more!
Mine barely has a dozen per spike. The average is 7-13 it seems. Still, with a few spikes blooming at once, it does create quite the little bouquet.
I have two first time blooming Cherry Blossom made with Shutennou which are about to open up, and they have 9-11 buds per spike.
The plant in this thread had barely 3-4 flowers on its very first bloom.
I'm looking forward to seeing how pink the new remakes will be!

Latest posts

Back