Ascocenda Princess Mikasa 'blue'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest photo of my annual flowering Ascocenda Princess Mikasa 'blue'. I've got also Princess Mikasa 'pink' but since I bought it 2 years ago it hasn't flowered yet.
It's always amazing how the colour and size of the flowers changes from blue greyish / 6 cm diameter to a deep bright blue and 9 cm diameter within 3 days after blossoming out. Enjoy!!

Ascocenda_Princess_Mikasa

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Wow...that is one of the orchids I first fell in love with. I have a couple of vandas...did you do anything special to make it flower? I am misting often and fertilizing weakly, weekly.

Bluefirepegasus

...did you do anything special to make it flower? I am misting often and fertilizing weakly, weekly....

Hello Bluefirepegasus,
No, I don't do anything special at all!!! :)
I grow it bare roots inside a ceramic decoration pot. I fill in water until the neck of the roots two times a week. I keep the water in for about 24 hours and use it thereafter for watering other plants. I add fertilizer weakly every time from spring until autumn (fall) and every second or third time in winter. I don't spray or mist at all - that's all.
Meanwhile it's roots cling very tight at the inside of the pot that they are able to carry the weight of the pot if you lift up the plant on its stem.
Best regards from Germany, GuRU

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back