Ascda. Princess Mikasa 'Sapphire'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, I love these V.coerulea and V.violetta hybrids with big round "blue" flowers and on such a small plant. I also like your stickers instead of haveing thousands of tags in the pot like me for ID, Repot date, place and time of purchase, I even add a property of bla bla bla phone #------ email------ if for some reason it gets lost at a show or something.
Patrick

Ascocendra Princess Mikasa has held my heartstrings since I got the Rosada for my birthday (source was RF Orchids in Miami.) the blooms were INCREDIBLE!!! I lost it because I didn’t have a clue how to winter a Vandacious (spelling?) plant that had no substrate, in MN! I am sure it didn’t get enough moisture or Humidity!! I am ready to try again!!! Mine was a young plant as well!!
I wish you lots of luck with your beautiful orchid!

Last edited:
Ascocendra Princess Mikasa has held my heartstrings since I got the Rosada for my birthday (source was RF Orchids in Miami.) the blooms were INCREDIBLE!!! I lost it because I didn’t have a clue how to winter a Vandacious (spelling?) plant that had no substrate, in MN! I am sure it didn’t get enough moisture or Humidity!! I am ready to try again!!! Mine was a young plant as well!!
I wish you lots of luck with your beautiful orchid!

This is a division from the mother plant that I've had for many years.

Very beautiful 😍! What did you use as medium?

It's in a general purpose bark mix from Roberts Supply. I'm an indoor grower so my RH is generally only around 50-55% and growing potted works for me. I have another Ascda., Su-fun Beauty, that does equally well for me grown like this and generally blooms 3 times/yr.

Latest posts

Back