As promised...Cyp. Ulla Silkens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Cyp seedlings are doing well but i'm killing older plants, bad media choice I think. I'm going to try some mature plants but in media from Ron Burch, what's the webstore where you work?

You cannot order it online. PM me if you have some interest in purchasing plants. We don't have a lot of species this year. We do have andrewsii, and the Ulla but that's about it this year. I'm not exactly sure why but am trying to find out. We had a lot of parviflorums and hybrids last year. We also had kentuckiense but I haven't seen it show up yet this year.

If anyone wants something - let me know ASAP - we have a big event on Thursday and some of these may soon be gone. Esp. the blooming Ullas.

Has anyone seen the white ones? Do y'all think we can grow these down here in the hot and humid VA summer? http://www.lidaforsgarden.com/Orchids/cypripedium_eng_hybrid.htm
P1010054.JPG

"One of the very best Cypripedium hybrids! Can be
described as a very much improved Cyp reginae with
a great variability in colouring from pure white to dark red lip. Tall, erect, quickly increasing by division and
seems to grow in any soil and any climate condition. We have raised several thousands of it through out the years."
ulla_manga.jpg

Has anyone seen the white ones? Do y'all think we can grow these down here in the hot and humid VA summer?

Nic, both parents are cool climate species with long winters, and most importantly, cool summers. If you live in the mountainous part of Virginia it may have a chance, but I'd say this one will be a long shot for the piedmont or coastal plain. C. kentuckinese and C. parviflorum varieties would be a better bet.

Tom

Latest posts

Back