As Jon mentioned

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave b

Reaction score
Miami Valley Orchid Society is hosting its annual spring show Feb. 17 and 18 2007.

Located at Cox Arboretum, Dayton, OH 10AM - 4PM

Vendors: Hoosier's, Hilltop, Summerfield, New Visions, Oakwood, Natt's, Windswept in Time, Porter's, Oak Knob

AOS sanctioned.

Mark you calanders!!

While im at it...Im new here and posting my first. Ive been watching the discussions, acquiring much needed slipper info. Been keeping orchids about 2 years. Grow indoors winter, outside in the summer. Collect a bit of everything, but only have 5 slippers. 1 paph and 4 phrags

Paph Transvall
Phrags:
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Afterglo (Eric Young x Sorc. App.)
Uranus (Lindleyanum x Grande)
? (Pearcei x Sorcerer's App.)

The Afterglo has bloomed (my first slipper bloom) and is in on flower # 2.
After hearing so much about S/H, ive decided to try it out and have tossed 2 of the phrags and a Phal into it to experiment.

Congrats on taking the S/H plunge! My first time was a bust but my second so far so good. One word (well two or three) of advice - don't freak out!

Glad you are with us. Buy more slippers at the show!

We've quite a few good growers in Ohio - search them out, it will be worth your while! I have often wished I lived closer to there, because of them!

Thanks Heather

And your right, there are many good growers in our society and with incredible collections.

Dave, welcome from NYC. If you have a chance I would recommend you check w/ Hoosier to see if they have any of their [jewel orchid, dossinia, etc.] hybrids and buy a couple. They are beautiful, easy to grow, fairly rare and increase in value.

Heather said:
We've quite a few good growers in Ohio - search them out, it will be worth your while! I have often wished I lived closer to there, because of them!

Argh, Heather you are such a wussy. :poke:

Eric, We get Hoosier's to come to our meetings since they are so close. I have 1 jewel and I will be getting a few more. They were at our last meeting in January, which I missed because I got busy with honey do's and forgot. Man that sucked, but it did save me some money.

Hey Jon.

You too Park Bear. I thought that was you.

I just got in from a show committee meeting. Only 2.5 weeks away. Hard to believe its that close.

Eric, i too am a big fan of the Jewels / terrestrials. Ill be on the lookout for some. Leon Glicenstein from Hoosier gave a talk about Jewels at our meeting a while back and it was awesome. Hes really into hybridizing the Jewels.

Latest posts

Back