Armeni-white old growths dying

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
I have an armeni-white that flowered last year around july. It had 3 flowered growths. Then it put out 5 growths that are all mature now and very healthy. But the problem is all of the 3 old growths are now dead/yellowing. I don't see any rot, all the leaves just yellowed and dried slowly. The roots are very healthy too. Is this normal or is it something to worry about? pls help!

each growth on a Paph/Phrag will bloom once, then die. it sends off new growths, they mature, flower, send off new growths (not necessarily in that order) then die, etc...

(actually, a more accurate way to say it is that each Paph/Phrag growth will send off one inflorescence {flower stalk}. that may have one or many flowers depending on whether it's a uniflora, multifloral, or sequential)

oh, sorry. didn't mean to state the obvious, then. i thought you might be new at it....
sometimes they fade really fast, sometimes very slowly. at least for me they have...

Great thread! I was about to post the same question about one of my magic latern and lynneigh koopowitz too. They have exactly the same problem.. althuogh what I don't understand is I have 2 of each cross, and one would have this problem while the other one doesn't... :crazy:

Back