Arisaemas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've recently started growing Arisaemas as a hobby. They go very well with Cyps :) . I'd like to share some photos with you:

Arisaema ringens

Arisaema sikokianum 'Silver Centre'

A. skikokianum 'Silver Centre' growing in my new Cyp bed (still under construction!); Cyp. pubescens and Dodecatheon pulchellum are visible.

I've got a couple triphyllums and another sikokianum coming; I'll post those photos soon.

Thanks for viewing!

Joe

I love Arisaemas....although I don't have much luck getting them to survive over the years...Aside from the usual American "Jackin the pulpit", the only one I have had long term success with is A. franchettianum...no luck at all with sikokianum...Take care, Eric

Thanks everyone! Eric, I have found that sikokianum likes a humusy soil with lots of gravel, perlite, and sand. I grow all my Arisaemas (except triphyllum) in pots sunk in the ground, and store them indoors over the winter (most are pretty tender here). Your area is probably warm enough for pretty much all of the temperate species though. Hope that helps.

Joe

I leave mine in the ground...NYC is pretty solidly in Z.7...minimum 0 deg (F), but it gets that low maybe once a decade...well, now with global warming, it may not drop that low for many decades....Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back