April Identification Contest

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Thanks to a generous sponsor, we have another contest to introduce this month!

Name that orchid- April contest!

Below are 13 images which have been borrowed from the archives here at Slippertalk. Each image is a cropped piece of the larger photo. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to identify as many of these species and/or hybrids as you can, along with the name of the person who posted it. Each positive genus identification will enter you once into the drawing. Each positive plant identification will enter you a second time.
Lucky number 13 will get you four entries should you identify it correctly.

Anyone who even attempts to identify the orchids gets one entry as a reward for trying. So, each participant has the potential for 35 entries into the drawing!

We have had two prizes sponsored. The first prize is a $100 gift certificate to Chuck Acker’s and second prize is a $50.00 gift certificate to the same. If anyone would like to sponsor an international prize, please let me know. Otherwise, those of you around the world are welcome to guess and if you are the winner, the prize would go to the US member of your choice.

This contest is open to all members. Please email your guesses to [email protected]. Only one email is allowed per member, so be sure you put your best guesses down before sending. The contest will end on April 30th at midnight.

If any growers or vendors would like to sponsor another prize in the form of a plant or certificate, please let John or Heather know.
Good luck!

1. Phrag. St. Ouen flavum - Lienluu
36752021qy4.jpg

2. Phrag. Elizabeth Castle (originally posted as Barbara LeAnn 'Lipstick Lover') - Orchid Fever
60799400yy1.jpg

3. Phrag. exstaminodium - Stephan
21759541uu7.jpg

4. Paph. fairreanum x Leeanum - Heather
95289451rv5.jpg

5.Paph. gclaucophyllum x gardineri - Pensacola Eric
35928871ht0.jpg

6. Paph. Franz Glanz 'Lemon Sorbet' - Lienluu
34422662rg8.jpg

7. Phrag. Stairway to Heaven - Grandma M
70101225rh9.jpg

8. Paph. Milmanii 'Tamara' - Gilda
89420358jq0.jpg

9. Paph. conocolor x sanderianum - Dr. Orchid
46500659ct8.jpg

10. Paph. Song of Mississippi - Toddybear
10kn7.jpg

The final three images are in the next post.

Last edited:
All -

I am making an executive decision to extend the contest to midnight on May 1st.

I had to send my laptop in for repair, and I don't have the entries on my backup laptop. My computer should return either today or Monday morning, but to be on the safe side, I am giving you all an EXTRA 24 HOURS to try your hand at identifying these orchids!

The winner will be anounced on Tuesday, May 2nd, most likely in the evening.

GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back