April Contest - We have Winners!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Well, we had five people work hard on the answers to this contest and I am happy to announce that 2 people had everything correct, one person had 10 of the 13 correct, and two people did pretty well, but not as well as the other three. :wink:

First Prize, $100 Gift Certificate to Flasks by Chuck Acker, goes to PER!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Second Prize, $50 Gift Certificate to Flasks by Chuck Acker, goes to PRACTICALLY OSTENSIBLE!!!!
:clap: :clap:

Congratulations to you both!!! You also deserve an extra :clap: because the 2 of you are the ones who got every answer correct! Woohoo!!

You will be contacted via private message with regards to your prizes.

The answers, for those curious, have been posted in the original thread here:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3206

Thanks to all who participated!

Oh my gosh! Thank you. I am so bogged down by finals (one down, four to go), I have not been keeping a close eye here; what a spectacular surprise to take a study break and come back to this! Thank you so much; now I can take study breaks looking at things to get at Mr. Acker’s. Also, congrats to practicallyostensible on getting everything right too. Thanks again; I promise I will send pictures when I get something. I need to get out of finals before all that though.

~P

Per said:
Oh my gosh! Thank you. I am so bogged down by finals (one down, four to go), I have not been keeping a close eye here; what a spectacular surprise to take a study break and come back to this! Thank you so much; now I can take study breaks looking at things to get at Mr. Acker’s. Also, congrats to practicallyostensible on getting everything right too. Thanks again; I promise I will send pictures when I get something. I need to get out of finals before all that though.

~P

You and I both, I am in the middle of midterms. Good luck on the exams!

The laws now, but I too have had a circuitous path. I did my undergrad work as a mechanical engineer. While there I also got minors in philosophy and religious studies. Oddly enough, I did most of my work with Islam as well. For most of that time I studied under a Prof. Sachedina; he does a lot in the field, but his major interest now is Islamic bioethics, so I got to learn a bit about that. I really enjoyed it.
Congrats and good luck again. I think it is back to Administrative Law for me. Good night.
~P

I must apologize for my recent absence; life has become very hectic.

I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a huge compot of topperi from Chuck with my gift certificate from April. If I can find some time, I will post a picture.

Now, I have a bunch of repotting ahead of me.

Thanks to all of you, but especially the sponsors!

Latest posts

Back