Appletonianum pollen?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Does anybody have a really good appletonianum (/hainanense, whatever) to share? I'd like to remake a cross. It is this one.

Paph-Debbie-Robinson.jpg

I didn't register it (or make it first, evidently), but the picture is one that I bred many years ago. I've lost them all. Also, I have much better wardii now (one that is high AM/AOS but should really be an FCC, plus several other of my own awards in bloom right now), so I think it has a chance to be really good. I do have appletonianum in bloom but it isn't up to the standards of the wardii at all. if I'm going to wait 3 or 4 years to bloom the remake, I'd just as soon start with the best on both sides.

Any other thoughts on what to cross good wardii with? Yes, I have sib crosses in the lab already, duh. Hopefully they germinate.

Standard rates apply, you get a flask or two if it works.

I have a hainanense in low bud right now. Fingers crossed it moves quickly enough and is worthy of passing its genes on. If so, I'll gladly send pollen your way.

Got one in low bud from the Quintals as well. Will let you know

Latest posts

Back