Appears to be slug damage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd toss 2-4 pellets on top of the medium...a few more won't hurt, but not too much. The coating on the pellets is yeasty, and attracts the slugs...they eat it, then crawl into the medium with indigestion...die a few days later...Take care, Eric

I'd toss 2-4 pellets on top of the medium...a few more won't hurt, but not too much. The coating on the pellets is yeasty, and attracts the slugs...they eat it, then crawl into the medium with indigestion...die a few days later...
Sounds like a plan to me. My heart isn't exactly bleeding for that plump little slug I found lounging in my compost zip lock or any of his brethren that may still be lurking behind to dine on my plants.

I'd toss 2-4 pellets on top of the medium...a few more won't hurt, but not too much. The coating on the pellets is yeasty, and attracts the slugs...they eat it, then crawl into the medium with indigestion...die a few days later...Take care, Eric
This is the iron phosphate that comes in pellet form?

goldenrose, don't buy any just to test it out. It's sort of expensive to mail order. I can give you some if you have a problem. I use it around my hostas when I remember. I've also used it around the bases of some tropicals. When you set tropicals out for the summer, slugs are bound to find them.

Latest posts

Back