Apparently we have infiltrated the Art World

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
Our longtime member Robin Street-Morris is actually an artist posing as a slipper addict or a slipper addict posing as an artist..... or maybe we all actually have lives outside of orchids and this is hers.
Either way, check out her site for some very impressive work.

Thanks—that’s an awfully nice intro. Not too much to add.

Yes, I love slippers and a great many other orchid genera and other natural subject matter. That’s the common thread in fact, obvious or not. Most of my pseudo-botanical work is really too contemporary to be called illustrational, as lovely as said approach can be. Aside from some of my more straightforward floral “portraits”, I generally attempt to focus on what I like most about my subjects, so don’t be surprised if you see an allusion to stars in a piece inspired by an orchid that is evening-fragrant. I create pieces inspired by my own orchids and also by a range of photographic references often volunteered by orchid hybridizers and patrons—I can’t grow everything myself, right?

Though I am gallery represented, my main source of exposure (as it’s worldwide) is my web site. Most everything else is a promotion for the work showcased through it and my commission services which are payment upon approval of a scan of the work. Many thanks for your interest and please don’t hesitate to email me.

They are sooooooooo beautiful. I especially love the
Belle Houge Pointe. What talent you have.

Marilyn

Yes, I feel honored that Robin has painted two of my hybrids: Phrag. Saint Ouen
flavum and Phrag Pink Panther. She did a great job on them! I had not been to her website for a while and noticed she had painted some new ones. I especially love how the Cypripedium japonicum turned out. Besides the detail of the flowers, I love how she paints each background with multiple matching colors.

Robert

Thanks, Robert. (I'm a little ashamed that I didn't get around to saying that sooner!) There will be more inspired by your crosses I assure you.

Aside from one Cyp. piece that isn't even on my site yet, I've been in a bit of an orchid painting lull...need time for abstracts and other work too.

Latest posts

Back