(Apparently) Eric visited H.P. Norton this past weekend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
And he asked me to post these photos for him. Eric, you'll have to weigh in with the names on some of these, your messages weren't entirely clear. Though, your photos aren't too bad, considering....:rollhappy:

phaljy2.jpg

splashphalaa8.jpg

Pk x besseae:
pkxbesshf0.jpg

pkxbesskb7.jpg

OZ bess:
ozbesspq5.jpg

MDC
mdcsx8.jpg

popowii hybrid?
popowiihybrez5.jpg

pophybr2wr4.jpg

Dunno what this one is...
toothyphragcx3.jpg

Some nice plants, thanks. I like the teeth on that last one in the first post.

Who took the pics? :poke:

The last one looks like my mystery phrag.. lol~ probably it's only wishful thinking.. :rollhappy:

I really like that last one in the first set of picture. The lip opening looks funky!! :D There should be a sunglasses warning for this post. Those red phrag hybrids are SO RED! and the orange besseae is gorgeous.:clap:

I agree with the others, the last one in the first post is very, very nice! Second favourite is the OZ besseae, what a great colour. Thanks for posting some things to :drool: over!

The OZ besseae, how big is it? Any measures?
Nice pics Eric, thanks for sharing

I was hoping for some of the red phals photos.
From what I know, Mr. Norton breeds some of the best red phalaenopsis.
Real orange red (not the purplish/magenta type)

Hi, sorry about the mis-identifications, I was over-stimulated. The first phrag photo is Mem. Dick Clements x Twilight or something, I will check w/ Mr. Norton. Although the Headmistress doesn't like it, :rolleyes:, notice it is red at the bottom of the inside of the pouch! If I don't have one of these yet it will be one of my next purchases! There were a ton of Fritz Schomburgs! [Pk x besseae] Some were on their 3rd flower! The one I foto'd had that glittery look the Headmistress likes but of course my fotog skills fell short :( There were a few interesting plants that Mr. Norton is holding for me until they get bigger.:D
The besseae I didn't measure but it was a good size and really ROUND! I think the green phrag close-up was called Green Giant? I had a good time and I recommend people pick up some of the Fritz Schomburgs.

Thanx for posting these Heather.

Last edited:
For the record: the 3rd photo [with the red inside the yellow in the pouch] is Phrag. Living Fire x Jason Fischer; a division of which is on the way to me.:D
Photos#7 & #8 are Phrag. Grande 'Katie' AM/AOS.
The last photo is Phrag. Praying Mantis.
Thanx Mr. Norton.

Latest posts

Back