Apollo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. I didn't expect much from this seedling beside being vigorous. My jaw dropped when I first saw the flower. I couldn't believe how perfect it was (to my eyes).

looks perfect to me. wish the NS was 15 or more tho
It might get to 12cm NS on the next blooming. But not more. At least for this plant. I still have a few more to bloom out, so who knows?! :)

Very nice!
I've also tried a flask from the same source but none survived.
Nobody is offering plants of this very desirable hybrid anywhere.
Maybe it is ready tough to produce.
Well done,

David

Or maybe breeders rarely have both plants in bloom at the same time?
Sorry to read that you've lost all your seedlings from that cross. Maybe they like it cooler with the double shot of kovachii?

Wow, I have to ask again, isn't that award quality?
Not sure. The dorsal didn't open fully and it lost a bit of it's colour. But maybe since the cross is relatively new, this plant might have some award quality. I don't know.

Phrag.Apollo.zoom3.sept2017.jpeg

Phrag.Apollo.1.1zoom.profil.sept%2717%20-%20copie.jpeg

Did it keep it's shape? How does it look now?

It kept it's shape for the most part. I'm waiting a day or two before posting an update. It might have two flowers open at once! :)

Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like it has taken on some more red/orange tones, very nice. And it held up that shape, so this is a winner.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like it has taken on some more red/orange tones, very nice. And it help up that shape, so this is a winner.

It's the lighting. It's natural light, but I have to colour corect when I'm using a black background and I'm far from being a professionnel :p still have to work on the contrast and stuff. And also I'm still trying to figure out the right size for my pictures when using Dropbox. They're always too big!! Anyway,
as the flower ages the colour seems to become more like a Cirila Alca (pinkish)... but darker.. I guess this cross has it's own fuchsia tint.
Like JeanLux said, it's a better Fritz Schomburg or what we were expecting Fritz to look like.IMO.

Phrag.Apollo2.1.zoom.sept2017%20-%20copie.jpeg

Last edited:
Form & color are worth much more than size.
That being said, I think you'll get into the 13-14cm range on an adult plant.

That's so nice. I had a handful of flasklings from the same source. They all died except one :(

I saw this thread not until today an what shall I say - I#m deeply impressed by this lovely, almost perfect flowers. They're great.

Latest posts

Back