AOS Award Lookup

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kramer Chids

Is there a way to search a Paph. clone that has been awareded by the AOS to see dimensions and pictures or anything?

Edit - I probably should have put this question in the awards section. Duh. ;)

Depends on how long ago the AOS awards you are looking for were issued. OrchidWiz has a killer comparison chart for measurements of awarded plants, but if you are looking specifically for AOS awards, I don't believe OrchidWiz has added any new AOS award data in the last couple years. Awards granted by other organizations are more current.
I'm not aware of a similar comparison utility in AQPlus.

But keep in mind that size only counts for a minority of the points in a total score. So it's probably more important to look at form and color. So for that you need to plow through a bunch of pictures. And either OW or AQ will have the dimensions next to all the pics as you sort through them.

<snip> I don't believe OrchidWiz has added any new AOS award data in the last couple years.</snip>
Yeah, the awards and photos are there, but the supporting data isn't. If I recall correctly, that is due to the AOS' contention that the data is copyrighted... (Which I disagree with).

But keep in mind that size only counts for a minority of the points in a total score. So it's probably more important to look at form and color. So for that you need to plow through a bunch of pictures. And either OW or AQ will have the dimensions next to all the pics as you sort through them.

Yes, size only counts for so many points, but they are the FIRST points and at least around here, unless the plant belongs to a judge, if the size is less than previously awarded, the plant will not be considered.

If the plant belongs to a judge it is awared regardless of merit.

Is there someone out there with either of these two programs that can IM me and look up an awarded clone for me? I got an awarded division of a micranthum and would love a little more information on it.

THANK YOU! :D

Back