Anyone seen Phrag Raymond Faroult..?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen Phrag Raymond Faroult..? Can't seem to find any photos on the web.

I have a plant with a bud just opening, very very slowly. Hope to photograph it in a day or two. But looking around the web I have found it surprisingly hard to see..!

November 6th: added 2 photos of it more or less fully opened.

Last edited:
Its ok. I'll have a photo of the fellow in a day or two, and then you can compare mine with the one in Olaf's book. A very useful ID check..!

Here's where is is at this morning. There was an attack of aphids last month, and to get at some of them I had to remove that leaf-sheath from around the bud. What's the technical name for that sheath..?

Hope it turns out to be as good as it's looking at the moment Don.

Ed

Thanks Ed, fingers crossed. I'm just chuffed that this turns out to be so uncommonly seen. Malcolm Perry did tell me that when I bought it. I'm just astonished that I have not been able to find a pic of it online.

This is one slow bloomer. The dorsal sepal is taking a very long time to lift up. I get a sense of why this cross didn't set the orchid world on fire with excitement, and hence why it has become so rarely seen..!

I've begun putting it outside lately. The previous owner had found it bloomed rarely, but her greenhouse was on a northern slope with trees above her, so she had a great amount of shade, and no direct light in the winter months. I suspect with more light I'll see it blooming more.

On the other hand, the schlimii I got from her is about the same size or maybe a bit smaller, and is currently presenting 11 spikes. Only one has bloomed so far, but in another month or so should be pretty good. I suspect therefore that Raymond Faroult simply is not a prolific bloomer..!

No, I'll be keeping it. I like the bloom, and can be patient. Maybe it just hasn't had the best chances so far. But I do understand why this cross isn't commonly grown!

Latest posts

Back