Anyone know what this will look like?

• Thread starter Paph_LdyMacBeth
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paph_LdyMacBeth

I have a phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii that is just setting spike now (YAY).
Can anyone give me an idea of what they think this might look like?
I don't believe its registered, but any info on it would be helpful.
Thanks!

Wow, I am very, very curious to see this result :) !!! Acc. to Drorchid - Robert (in Jan 2010 Orchids) only 5 crosses exist with lindenii as a parent, all of them with pouches :)!!! Jean

This hybrid should be quite comparable to Phrag Beaumont (MDC x caudatum) and Phrag Fliquet (MDC x Grande). It will have nice orange to red orange flowers, altering the Phrag Memoria Dick Clements shape to longer petals, more pendant petals. Phrag lindenii performs much like Phrag wallisii (warscewiczianum).

Yeah, something along the lines of Fliquet, Belle Hogue Point, China Dragon...

-Ernie

Question..... Progeny of lindenii's primary crosses always have a pouch, "because the 'pouchless' mutation" is recessive... this would mean that if you sib phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii, about 25% percent of the progeny should be puchless like lindenii... Does anyone here knows whether this has been tested at all?

I particularly like a lot Phrag lindenii, and think a "red/orange" lindenii like plant could be interesting (of course it will not make it to the 'Passarella', but..)

Question..... Progeny of lindenii's primary crosses always have a pouch, "because the 'pouchless' mutation" is recessive... this would mean that if you sib phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii, about 25% percent of the progeny should be puchless like lindenii... Does anyone here knows whether this has been tested at all?

I particularly like a lot Phrag lindenii, and think a "red/orange" lindenii like plant could be interesting (of course it will not make it to the 'Passarella', but..)

I have not heard of that being attempted....It would be an interesting experiment. The fertility of such a sibling is probably very difficult, especially if it is a 3N plant.

Latest posts

Back