Quantcast

Anyone know what this will look like?

• Thread starter Paph_LdyMacBeth
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

P

Paph_LdyMacBeth

I have a phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii that is just setting spike now (YAY).
Can anyone give me an idea of what they think this might look like?
I don't believe its registered, but any info on it would be helpful.
Thanks!

JeanLux

Reaction score
Wow, I am very, very curious to see this result :) !!! Acc. to Drorchid - Robert (in Jan 2010 Orchids) only 5 crosses exist with lindenii as a parent, all of them with pouches :)!!! Jean

slippertalker

Reaction score
This hybrid should be quite comparable to Phrag Beaumont (MDC x caudatum) and Phrag Fliquet (MDC x Grande). It will have nice orange to red orange flowers, altering the Phrag Memoria Dick Clements shape to longer petals, more pendant petals. Phrag lindenii performs much like Phrag wallisii (warscewiczianum).

E

Ernie

Yeah, something along the lines of Fliquet, Belle Hogue Point, China Dragon...

-Ernie

K

Kavanaru

Question..... Progeny of lindenii's primary crosses always have a pouch, "because the 'pouchless' mutation" is recessive... this would mean that if you sib phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii, about 25% percent of the progeny should be puchless like lindenii... Does anyone here knows whether this has been tested at all?

I particularly like a lot Phrag lindenii, and think a "red/orange" lindenii like plant could be interesting (of course it will not make it to the 'Passarella', but..)

slippertalker

Reaction score
Question..... Progeny of lindenii's primary crosses always have a pouch, "because the 'pouchless' mutation" is recessive... this would mean that if you sib phrag Memoria Dick Clements X lindenii, about 25% percent of the progeny should be puchless like lindenii... Does anyone here knows whether this has been tested at all?

I particularly like a lot Phrag lindenii, and think a "red/orange" lindenii like plant could be interesting (of course it will not make it to the 'Passarella', but..)
I have not heard of that being attempted....It would be an interesting experiment. The fertility of such a sibling is probably very difficult, especially if it is a 3N plant.