Anyone know about this???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 28322
I already have this, but I didn't know the special name of this. Can anyone help me???
Is it your greenhouse or outdoor growing garden in Vietnam ?
The reason I ask is that if you are outside the country, there is a chance this is a hybrid but if you live in Vietnam and bought it from someone who also lives there, the chance of it is a species increase .

Is it your greenhouse or outdoor growing garden in Vietnam ?
The reason I ask is that if you are outside the country, there is a chance this is a hybrid but if you live in Vietnam and bought it from someone who also lives there, the chance of it is a species increase .
This is an exotic species from a long time ago in Vietnam. they call 'Hài Thiên lý'. It has 3 types, depend on the white color of the flower. I just wanna know about the special name of this. someone guess it's insinge fma.album

This is an exotic species from a long time ago in Vietnam. they call 'Hài Thiên lý'. It has 3 types, depend on the white color of the flower. I just wanna know about the special name of this. someone guess it's insinge fma.album
paph insigne has not been listed as indigenous in Vietnam (supposedly, only in India, Bangladesh & Nepal) , so obviously the scientists were wrong if the Vietnamese found them from the forests in Vietnam.
There are more than 3 varieties , I attach the information of a list of insigne varieties for you to decide which is the closest to your flower (yours is closest to the sanderae, but not quite)
http://www.waorchids.iinet.net.au/Paphiopedilum_insigne.pdfIn my opinion the Vietnamese should name this type as variety "vietnamica" "or "name of the province where the Vietnamese found them"
because it does look different from other varieties.
I haven't seen one as beautiful as yours with very very thin white border on dorsal .
I also found a photo with the name insigne var sanderae , and the flowers are similar to yours, however I think his plant's leaves have the typical appearance of plants from Vietnam as well (his flowers also have the very thin white border, and longer and more open petals , unlike the typical wide white border of sanderae variety)

Last edited:
I just think this's a hybrid introduced into Vietnam. and have another one that said it is a hybrid from green complex, but not sure. I ask a lot of people in Vietnam but no one gives me exactly information about it.

Back