• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone have these Orchid Digest articles??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby5757

lightly hirsute
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am itching to get my hands on a couple of articles from Orchid Digest. All about C. trianaei. If anyone has got these and a scanner I can't tell you how grateful I would be.

Ernest Hetherington wrote an article in 1971 (volume 35, pg. 36) "Cattleya trianae, its varietal forms and influence in hybridizing"

He wrote another article in 2000 (volume 64, pg 136) "The history makers: Cattleya trianae"

And in 1995 (volume 59, pg 69)an anonymous author wrote (or has a picture) "Cattleya trianae 'Striata' - A stricken beauty"

Thank you all!!!

Ty

Hmmm. Lokks like someone is doing a judging paper. :)

There was a more recent article in OD by Chicago's own Bill Rogerson on Cattleya species in general. Any use there?

-Ernie

<Ernie hits nail on head>

Bingo! Sure, the Catt species article would be great!

I just bought a lot of AOS mags from another grower, and it seems the majority of the ones I need or are referenced are not part of what I got, and the "good" articles seem to be in Orchid Digest. So sad I have to run around for articles after getting so many, but so is life!

Thanks Ernie! You coming to the Paph Forum in DC this year?

<Ernie hits nail on head>

Bingo! Sure, the Catt species article would be great!

I just bought a lot of AOS mags from another grower, and it seems the majority of the ones I need or are referenced are not part of what I got, and the "good" articles seem to be in Orchid Digest. So sad I have to run around for articles after getting so many, but so is life!

Thanks Ernie! You coming to the Paph Forum in DC this year?

Will see if Bill has a quality pdf, otherwise, I'll scan and send along. Might take a couple days- long weekend and all.

Doubt I'll be at the Paph Forum. Lotsa stuff going on here in the midwest then.

-Ernie

Scooby,
I'll have to look. I know I have "Cattleya trianae, its varietal forms and influence in hybridizing"

OK Ty, I have all three articles. I will make an effort to copy and be ready to fax. Today being a holiday for some folks, I will be alone, no guarantees. Send me a fax number.

Back