Anyone have pollen from Phrag. tetzlaffianum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have pollen from Phrag. tetzlaffianum? My besseae's a week or so from opening and I'd like to try this cross if available. Thanks!

--Stephen

I have one flowering right now,but I think it is not legal to ship across the border.
I have done a few crosses with it and only about 10% of the crosses take.
Russell

I do have a large plant but it's currently only just starting to show the sheaths. Other than Russell I don't know anyone who would have one. Sorry.

Stephen,

This may be a tad late, and you may have a specific reason for wanting Phrag. tetzlaffianum, but if Phrag Pearcei interests you see:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544

Let me know. It still in bloom. Has added another spike. Fresh pollen is not a problem. Vigorous, rampant grower. I'm sure you know that combo makes Phrag Olaf Gruss. Have never tried to hybridize with this plant, but maybe a note to Bob Wellenstein would get you info as to fertility, and breeding tendencies of this plant.

charlie c

Thanks guys, but I've decided not to pollinate. I'd like to see if I can turn this plant into multi-growths, which I have heard is difficult with this species. So I think it would be better not to stress it with a pod.

--Stephen

That's cool.

Hope it works for you.

Would love to see a multi-spike besseae. Sounds like a CCE for sure.

charlie c

Latest posts

Back