Anyone got pictures of any Selenipedium?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Aside from a google search and the palmifolium on Stephens site I don't think I've seen pictures of any of these around. Palmifolium looks kinda like a red soup spoon to me.

aselenipediumchica400tn4.jpg

S. chica

selensteyermarkiito6.jpg

S. steyermarkii

The rest of the photos I have can be seen on Google Image Search.

Marco said:
Cool. Thanks Zach. Did you actually get to see these plants in person??

You are a lucky man if you did!
I just steal images from random websites. I wish I could remember what they were so I can give them the credit for the photos.

Yes, Clark has some interesting shots of Selenipedium aequinoctiale at http://www.cyps.us/selen/index.html . I have a couple of seedlings from Ecuagenera. They survive and put out new shoots each year but they are definitely not thriving. If anyone is at an orchid show where Ecuagenera will be, if you give them notice before they set out for the US, they will bring plants. They usually run about $50.00 each and are in great shape when they arrive. It is how to keep them AFTER that that needs to be figured out!

Ron Burch

I saw some when I was in Ecuador. Up North near Lita, which is pretty close to the columbian border. And really hot an humid.

The plants wern't to far from sites that had hirtzi and a site that had longifolium. the pictures were difficult to get due to the wind. the plants were about 8 or more feet in height

Selenepedium2.jpg

Selenepedium1.jpg

Selenepedium3.jpg

Kyle

Hey Ron
I haven't seen a post from you in a while. (But I guess we are out of Cyp season at present).

Great to hear from you though:)

Back