Anyone ever Revived a Rootless Paph?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rootless CHDancer update:
Took a peek under the moss today and dead chuffed to see a bunch of new root tips starting! If I can nurse them to a half decent system over the heatmat this winter hopefully it might actually start to grow next year. :)

So pleased for you that new roots are showing. Keep up the good work.

Ed

So here are some pics of the recovering CHDancer. I was going to unpot it for a proper look, but spotted two roots nearly out to the pot edge and decided its clearly happy for now. Even better, a new leaf has appeared in the new growths crown at last.
Substrate is the same as my other multis - clay pellets, small/medium bark mix and a little finely chopped sphagnum, then top dressed with some moss from the garden - only I used more moss than normal to try and promote the rooting. I kept the pot on the dry side lower down, but spraying the moss heavily at the top twice a day. I was giving it 4hrs day and night on a heat mat at first, but now only at night with the others. Upping the watering and light now it looks to going places.

Chiu hua dancer favor alkaline environments

I'm using an occasional dol.lime top dressing, plus 30% hard tap water, so hopefully its getting pretty alkaline. Seems to be liking the treatment so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Ed! Yes, time will tell. (Whatever it is, I'm not expecting much from the first bloom after this much trauma!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back