Anyone else experiencing problems here?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been having issues getting into posts all weekend. I apprised Angie of the situation, but don’t know when she’ll see it and get action taken.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
I hadn’t had problems with brief views last two days, and I just clicked through a bunch of posts to see what happened and everything opened

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
No. It's somewhere between here and the ST server, though. I get about a dozen hops in tracert before it just times out.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Ray, I have to log in every time I visit this website which is every night. I haven't had
that particular annoyance before the last couple of weeks.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My issue seems to have been resolved.

Angela - Look for the “remember me” or “keep me logged in” checkbox (or whatever it is). I have seen it somehow get unchecked...

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been having issues getting into posts all weekend. I apprised Angie of the situation, but don’t know when she’ll see it and get action taken.
Been having issues for awhile. It makes me log in every time I want to like or comment. Even within the same post. It’s a pain in the ass and limits my participation a bit. This has been for about the past 3 months. Didn’t used to be this way.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll pass that onto Angie.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Just to clarify: When you click on the “Log In” link, below your username and password there is a checkbox for “Stay Logged In”. Are you checking that before submitting?

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Some days ago I posted a recent Paphiopedilum in flower, and still it has not been shown.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I've checked that box a number of times. Lasts a bit then goes back to having to

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I posted to my previous fairrieanum post but it kept looping out and I don't see it, around 8 pm tonight. Not sure where it is.

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Just to clarify: When you click on the “Log In” link, below your username and password there is a checkbox for “Stay Logged In”. Are you checking that before submitting?
Yes, it’s always checked. I’ve tried unchecking and then checking again; no difference. Thank you!

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
@abax and @BrucherT - If I'm not mistaken, when you click a "remember me" box on most forums, the info is stored on a cookie in your browser. If you have things set up to block cookies or clear them, that would explain it.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I posted to my previous fairrieanum post but it kept looping out and I don't see it, around 8 pm tonight. Not sure where it is.
All I see is a post in the "Geisha" thread from you today...

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I just now am seeing this. I do not know why I've not seen it before, except my usual way of doing things has been changed due to holidays and other new things I do.

And if you clear cookies you will have to login each time. And last weekend we did have a couple of times of high server loads, and it caused a few places not connecting as usual. That has been looked into and I do believe it's fixed now.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Angie. This entire year has been a trial for all of us. Take care and be safe!

Latest posts