anyone care to comment?...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is Paph thaianum, described in the last Orchid Review (or maybe the issue before).

A friend of mine was in Thailand recently and said they are available all over the place in the outdoor markets there....

lienluu said:
That is Paph thaianum, described in the last Orchid Review (or maybe the issue before).

A friend of mine was in Thailand recently and said they are available all over the place in the outdoor markets there....
So, how long before it will be all over the markets here?????

anyone ever play peg? well thats what my coworker calls it. we called it asses up...it was great...i say we play with the vendor and strategically make the ball go to him everytime so we can get him up on the wall :evil:

I still find it funny how sternly orchids are enforced when there are many corals on eBay that are just as illegal as kovachii. Many coral people don't realize how illegal they are because they are so common in the hobby and there are no public accounts of peoples houses being raided like there are in the orchid literature. Oddly, proclaiming a coral came from restricted waters is bragging rights on the coral forums and seller's websites.

Oh well...I guess if I wrote a book titled Coral Fever things might change...but why would I want that??

Jon

anybody thinks like me that the petals and dorsal edges on the picture of the flower in the link were cut to make the shape more round ? I have actually seen that done to some niveums in Thailand....weird!!!

Actually, coming from Thailand may speed things up. There have always been CITES problems with Vietnam, which is why their new paphs are still illegal. But Thailand is a major orchid exporting country. Probably the first documented flasks will be legally exportable to the US...divisions even...(of course, it could be even faster if it is labelled "niveum" ...which I am inclined to think it is at first glance...When a country is a major exporter, and a CITES signatory, things go faster...look at Peru....it was relatively fast before kovachii appeared legally....Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back