Anybody here with Balls???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them. Ball Pythons are great...wish I had one.

I used to keep tarantulas, had a lovely Pinktoe that just died of old age at 15 years old. Such a gentle creature.

I've had a handful of Ball Pythons over the years - including some good sized ones (one was somewhere between 4 & 5 feet). Wonderful creatures. We made feeding live mice & rats a ritual (dimmed lights, soft music, etc.) which took some of the yuk factor away, at least for my wife. But our house simply gets too drafty to keep them without more elaborate heating facilities.

My son got a lot of joy from a neat little garter snake. We had it for many years ... it ate feeder goldfish 6 or 8 at a time. We'd hold the live goldfish by the tail and Bill (the snake) would sidle his way around the cage & "sneak" up to the flopping fish as though he were hunting. He'd eat them right out of our hands.

Snakes are great pets. Highly recommended.

Why you dont feed sauges, they are great and have all nutrients in, you get them for every size.
Only warm them like frozen mice and than you feed it, you can get them for every size of sneak ( nearly) not fro the really big ones where you need a small pig.....

Not all snakes are willing to eat those sausages....in fact, I hardly ever see them mentioned or advertised anymore. It was a big deal when first introduced, but here in the US at least, they seem to have disappeared. I heard too many reports of no success with them. I gave up breeding corn snakes in part because live pinkies are such a hassle to get, and I was having too many hatchlings die because they wouldn't accept frozen, only live.

Just to keep this up, here's Fivel, my Phantom Potion as a picture uptate, he's one Hell of a great Snake and growing up!, at 489g's and happy as a puppy with two tails.
I'll try and do pictures of the others as well, it's interesting to see them change as the grow older.
Fivel is such a natural infront of any camera, I just guess he knows he's the prettiest Phanom Potion out there, so cameras to him... are quite agreeable!
7096815195_c34bb91430_b.jpg

This is how it works:

Buy a normal (classic) which will cost anything form 30-60$, dip it in bleach until desired shading is acieved, and sell it as Pied for 1000$....

That's a decent bit of profit I'd say....

will the coloring stay similar as the snake grows or is there a chance that color will appear where it is now white?

For the most part, they will stay like the hatch.
There's some little chance, and it does happen with animals starting out with the tiniest of black/coloured dots, that these dots will grow into nickel size, or even bigger. As a rule: I'd say that a Pied starting out as a 90% white animal... will stay like that, where there individual spotting/dotting, chances are that these will grow in size over time.

With Rosinante it's easy, She's got colour from Head to neck, and she got about 5mm colour on the very tip of her tail, followed by a (as of now) little spot containg around 5-6 scales, so: that will almost certainly stay, like it is.

A year or so from breeding, she’s giving the “hugging the water-dish” a go! ;0))

7314308170_1397792944_c.jpg

Sorry this has gone off the radar for a while...

Nevil, DH Albino Pied scale-shot. Born as a twin with 22g's (which is rather nothing). This picture was just taken at about 60ish gramms.............

I just try improve my Nikon skills at the moment. Here's a scale-shot, Nevil (DH Albino Pied) on an egg-shell backdrop. What do we think? To soft a colour? not enough depth?

8106576075_d44f351d7c_b.jpg

By the bye: Nevil is going into shed, so his colors aren't quite right (by rights...).

Latest posts

Back