Any SQL experts out there?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late last weekend, my website bit the dust. Recovery wasn’t possible, so I did a fresh Wordpress installation and have imported all of the files. There are a few broken links, mostly images, but it’s otherwise operational. However, there is one major failing - none of the calculators work - TDS, fertilizer dosing, proportioning, light intensity, etc. None, nothing, nada.

I do have the sql table that contains the working data, but I have insufficient knowledge to import it into the new table.
Can anyone help?

No.

The particular plugin stores the pertinent data in a database table, along with a handful of samples. I have the old table with those plus the data I added. I'm trying to find out how to add those "rows" to the new table.

Whenever I've tried a simple import, nothing is added.

So you are simply trying to copy the data from the old table to the new table?

Are the two tables on the same database?
Do you have the ability to write and submit SQL code?

The tables are in different databases - they are identical in structure, as they are two versions of the same table and databases.

I have access to phpMyAdmin, which allows you to manipulate the data.

I exported the new table to a csv file, did the same to that table in the old DB, copied the old data into the new file and tried to import it, but the new data is not reflected in the sql table afterward.

I’m sure there’ll a sql statement that will add the rows, but I have no idea what it is.

Good to see you have some solution albeit not ideal.

I’m sure there’ll a sql statement that will add the rows, but I have no idea what it is.

If the import of the CSV file created another table then you could simply insert the data as follows

Insert into new_table
(var1, var2, var3, var4, etc.)
select var1, var2, var3, var4 from csv_table

That is how I do it anyway.

I figured out how to add rows to the existing table, but there were still issues.

I rebuilt one that turned out to be better than the original.

Thanks for the hand-holding!

Latest posts

Back