Any slippers in UK?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Wahaj

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to growing orchids of any kind, but I've had the most success with paphs, which is a good thing because they're my favs!

i don't have access to many garden centres of anything so i just buy whatever is around in the supermarkets etc.

I'm looking to really start growing some more slippers. i currently have these 2 though i've no idea about their names. they seem to be doing ok for me.

anyone selling or getting rid of surplus stock in UK? gimme a shout, i'd love to give any or all of them a go! thanks.

Wahaj

Reaction score
thanks paphfreak!

i just looked at that website and i was in awe! though a little outta my price most of the stuff there. like £500! i don't think i've ever spent that much money on anything! lol.

but anyway, looks like a great collection. i guess i've becoming acustomed to the cheap hybrids i find at super markets for £10-£20.

C

cwt

Welcome to the forum.
Give them a call. They have a lot of normal priced plants. You were looking at divisions of awarded plants, which is quite pricy. Talk to Claudia.
Regards Charles

C

Corbin

I think the one in the second picture is a spicerianum or a hybrid with spicerinaum in the mix.

Wahaj

Reaction score
thanks cwt! that's very kind of you! i'll do that tommorow!

corbin - so you think it's a hybrid! great haha i got lied to again, i was told it's a species one....

thanks tho!

B

Bolero

Hey there's a slipper orchid club in the UK. You should look around and maybe join it. They have some great stuff happening with special events and meetings and guest speakers.

I used to have the link but I don't any longer. This could be your best bet to finding a big range of plants including some unusual ones.

Wahaj

Reaction score
thanks for the help, identification and the help guys! im' gonna look at the care info for them now....and see how i'm going to go about expanding my collection. I can't be bothered with the rest of my orchids now haha, i just like slippers.

And thanks for society info bolero. I've looked into it....I'll be applying online for the GB orchid society. pretty cheap i guess!

thanks again people!

Latest posts