Any other cities feel this way?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon's plans were not for Long Island, but for Long Island City. That's a part of NYC, in Queens near the 59th Street Bridge, that is heavily industrial. The area is already crowded, If Amazon moved there it would be like the boom in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. That has so much new construction that I literally can't recognize the streets from week to week!!!

So , then it mostly came down to incentives that NYC was offering?
you are right that they are more keen on New York and it is just the money, because after the disdain dismissive crap talk from Cortez, Amazon still saying they want to show her their facility and how well they treat their employees from day 1.
Consider New York only offer them 3 billions tax incentive while Newark offer them 7 billions package deal.

NYC location would be much more lucrative because there is a 4 million resident market they could access with less transportation issues, such as tolls, etc..

What Eric said.........I really think it came down to where the talent would want to live and commute. I don't think Newark really ever had a chance...just like 95 % of the other contestants. Knowing Amazon (because I interact with these dipshits on a daily basis, they are the laziest most entitled assholes)...I am pretty sure they had sights on NYC and DC area from the get go. I was hoping to be proved wrong though. Amazon wants to be in the center of it all and they dont want to go to a community where the uncertainty of success is very high. They like the dramatic and they prefer places where there is already a substantial infrastructure for their needs as well as what employees want, but not so far along that they cant make a huge impression on the community. Their previous seattle HQ was in Beacon Hill overlooking downtown, a building you could see from miles away..at what time was the hip place for people to move to. The long island city move sounded exactly like what they would love to exploit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amazon_locations#/media/File:Seattle-PacMed-2571.JPG

Latest posts

Back