Any idea for avoiding the flowering in a plant?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Hi friends
During two conscutive years, I have been loosing the bloom in a Paphiopedilum Maudiae Vinicolor. It has began to do it always in August, a very hot month, and it blast in September. Now, in October, the weather is a bit chilly. If I get to delay the begining of flowering in this plant, at less one month, maybe I could see the flower. Have anybody idea how to do it, please?
Alex

its blooming trigger is either temperature or light duration, so you could try to adjust those. It would be simpler to try to keep the planter cooler and more shaded once the bud appears. (or its a dud plant)

its blooming trigger is either temperature or light duration, so you could try to adjust those. It would be simpler to try to keep the planter cooler and more shaded once the bud appears. (or its a dud plant)
Thank you Oz, for your suggestion. For me it could be easier to try adjusting the light. For example, in place where this Paph is located, the shadow is denser than in other place, so, I will try to move it on next year for a brighter place. Another possibility could be to locate it in a place where it could receive a more fresh air (not exactly cooler). What do you think about?

I think temp is the biggest factor (with low humidity) for blasting.
This year, during the bud growth, it really happened that a high humedity with high temperatures occurred, and both were maybe the aggravating.
For the next, I will try to giving it a little more of light, and in case of high humedity, will move it inside the room.
Do you think it could help???

For me it could be easier to try adjusting the light. For example, in place where this Paph is located, the shadow is denser than in other place, so, I will try to move it on next year for a brighter place.

My guess would be, that more light would mean earlier flowering, but I might be wrong? I would go for cooler temperature and slightly sparse light in the months up to its normal flowering periode (i.e. August, where you are) and then sometime in September, when the summer heat has receded, give it higher temperature and more light!

Latest posts

Back