any ID/parentage guesses? Green catt.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

I saw this at the USBG the other day - it's catt season there.

Slight pink tinge to the lip.
Standard catt size.

I love the shape and I love the color... the only two things I don't like are the size (too big for me to grow) and the lack of a tag.....

And I'd really like to know how you go about making something like this.

One parent is definitely C. bicolor alba. The other isn't very dominant, and I don't know enough about the differences between some of them to give a good guess. The other parent is almost definitely a complex yellow or white hybrid crossed onto bicolor alba.

Jon
________
Volcano review

Last edited:
wow, thank you.

I didn't know there was an alba form of bicolor. That makes things a bit easier.

How can you tell that the other parent is a complex hybrid? Because it isn't contributing any dominant traits?

someone on GW suggests possibly Bc Green Dragoon, which is C. Harriet Moseley x bicolor.

MoreWater said:
someone on GW suggests possibly Bc Green Dragoon, which is C. Harriet Moseley x bicolor.

That is probably quite accurate. My reason for guessing a complex being used as a parent honestly was because I don't see nearly as many primaries with bicolor alba being made.

Jon
________
Extreme q

Last edited:
Ki I agree with Green Dragoon... Let me see if I can find my picture of mine...

Horrible Photo! It does have light pink on the lip like the one in your photo.
Here it is under horrible lighting. Similar form!
GreenDragoon.jpg

thanks!

I love the form - esp the lip. If I move to SoCal, this will be on the list :)

Latest posts

Back