Any golfers?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! I'm sick today so no golf for me. :sob: Dora and I will be out again Tuesday...then I start my lessons on Tuesday evening. :clap: Hey....I par'd my first par 4 on Thursday!!!!! On the green in two and a two putt to finish it off....was I happy.:rollhappy: A definite improvement so far this year. :D (I know...not impressive to you pros but I was on a cloud!)

Here's a good golf forum that I found... http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/ I don't post much but when I do my name is 'Ochoafan'.

Par's are cool - I'm happy with bogeys - although I do pars and birdies every now and then - have fun !

(sigh) for over ten years I played at least five times a week (worked at course) and now with 'real jobs' I've hardly played and last year I didn't at all... maybe I need to become a professional caddy so I can at least walk a course once in a while

I played with friends in our club's Member Scramble today. We finished at -2 and I won closest to the pin on one hole....brought home a bottle of wine. What a fun day!

Ladies League starts next Wednesday. :clap:

These pictures are aprrox 2 weeks old this is the 7th hole - pretty tough uphill
but when you get up there you're rewarded by a beautyful panorama as well as a couple of wild growing orchids
Meaux%20golf%20course.jpg

wildorchmeaux.jpg

nice! doesn't look much different than upstate ny. there were some pink ladyslippers growing in different spots on the course where I worked, but I think I was the only one who knew they were there (probably a good thing). not too much golfing being done around here this weekend with the rain, wind, then snow/wind and tomorrow snow/rain/wind (yeesh)

Beautiful scenery and nice to have orchids on the course. I haven't noticed any on ours but then again I haven't really looked. It's cold and rainy here today...had to cancel my lesson. I got nine holes in yesterday though and am playing 18 in Ladies' League tomorrow. :clap:

Got my first Birdie on a Par 3!!!!! (My first one ever actually) Landed the ball two feet from the pin....were my knees ever shaking as I made the putt. :D

Congrats !!

First birdy !!!- I hope you payed drinks to your golf buddies

Got my first Birdie on a Par 3!!!!! (My first one ever actually) Landed the ball two feet from the pin....were my knees ever shaking as I made the putt. :D

Another tournament today. We finished at -4. I birdied my third hole in just over a week and won Closest to the Pin on the same hole. It rained all day but we had a blast. Thank goodness for rain gear!

I've been taking lessons and they are really making a difference.

Lessons are very useful - Have taken a lot and still need more but I'm trying to recall all tre previous ones

Played 26 holes today - we have a pre- summer heatwave right know with high sun temps above 27 - its hot !!

Another tournament today. We finished at -4. I birdied my third hole in just over a week and won Closest to the Pin on the same hole. It rained all day but we had a blast. Thank goodness for rain gear!

I've been taking lessons and they are really making a difference.

Made my first eagle yesterday- on a par 4 hole - nice long drive and direct in the hole on the 2nd shot with a 7 iron- like the shots you see every now and then on golf channel

Congrats on the eagle. Thats pretty impressive on a par 4. Your course looks pretty nice.

aren't birdies fun, Wendy

I golf to much and I dont have the weather problems you guys have so Im sort of spoiled.

but they say it never rains in southern california.... he he

Congrats on the eagle. Thats pretty impressive on a par 4. Your course looks pretty nice.

aren't birdies fun, Wendy

I golf to much and I dont have the weather problems you guys have so Im sort of spoiled.

Congrats on the Eagle!!!! That's fabulous! I bet it felt wonderful. :clap:

I'd play every day if I could afford it. Hey, tonight's LottoMax is worth 50 million....ya just never know. *Fingers crossed* :D

In France we have subscription arrangements - I've a full year subscription and can play every day - for appprox USD 150 per month

Congrats on the Eagle!!!! That's fabulous! I bet it felt wonderful. :clap:

I'd play every day if I could afford it. Hey, tonight's LottoMax is worth 50 million....ya just never know. *Fingers crossed* :D

Latest posts

Back