Antec?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should work Marco. The only thing that I can think is that the site was down for a short period late last week for a drive replacement, the first time it has been down since 911. Maybe if you logged on during that period, your browser has cached the failure somehow, that stuff is voodoo to me. The reliability of the site to stay online since 1996 is another story that I will tell when I get more time. Yes, the photo has changed. I have not had time to photograph new plants for about a year, and I want to make time again, and when I saw that first bloom Paph. primulinum holding three fantastic flowers at once I grabbed it to shoot. More to come soon. There's a Paph. Wossner Stonarmi first bloom that caught my eye. Heather, you need to learn to be very patient if you are going to be a slipper grower. Lynn says she has more Paph. Stone Addicts, she just needs to get a few "emergencies" caught up to pull some out and then I will get back to you.

Bob Wellenstein said:
Heather, you need to learn to be very patient if you are going to be a slipper grower. Lynn says she has more Paph. Stone Addicts, she just needs to get a few "emergencies" caught up to pull some out and then I will get back to you.

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the forum, first of all.

Second, I know, I need to work on that patience thing, huh? Sorry about that but thank you for the good news. I think more than one of us here will be happy to hear it. I look forward to hearing from you again soon. :)

Ahh, patience...You should see the looks on the faces of some of the guys I work with when they ask about my plants and I tell them I have to wait 3-7 years to get a flower. Obviously, they think I'm crazy.

As for me, I want to experiment with plant growth hormones (wink).

Patience is important. I have waited 12 years for my Paph wilhelmnie to bloom. Nearly lost the plant due to no roots when I bought it. It shrinked in size over the next three years to 1.5 inch leafspan from 16 inches. Then it grew bigger each year and developed a few new leads. It flowered in 2003 for the first time and the flowers where dark and beautiful. The second blooming in 2005 had three flowers on a single spike. Talk about patience! I have sold the plant to a friend. Hope she is able to get multiple flower spike because it has 6 active leads.

Paphman910

Hi, are you putting the correct address?

I was looking for the same site and typed in lady slipper.com and got a totaljy different site
:)

5080.jpg

The primulinum has been replaced by Paph Wossner Stonarmi on the opening page, but here's the primulinum. This is a single growth first bloom and I grabbed it to photograph as I've never seen a primulinum hold three flowers at once. They are also very large for the species, it's a keeper.

Bob - Thanks, thats the one! :) I've never heard much or know much about these paphs but I sure do love this one. If don't you mind, I was wonder if you could tell me how large these plants get?

Latest posts

Back