• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ant Plant seeds

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bcostello

I have some seeds if anyone wants to try growing this plant. I germinate mine on sphagnum. The red flowers never open.
Here is a picture of my plant.

IMG_3982.jpg

and here is some info about the plant. I water mine almost everyday.
http://www.rareflora.com/dischidiapec.htm

:clap: Falls into the odd & curious category! :clap:
Looks like it can be rather floriferous!

I recently saw this on ebay and I found it very weird!!! Is it easy to germinate and grow??? TYIA

The red flowers turn into little pods. The seeds are very small, and look like a dandelion seed, but smaller. I find it easy to germinate and grow.

Ah ha! What a wonderful ant hotel. The inflated leaves have little opening, which ants can use then as a nesting chamber. Dischidia are relatiive of Hoya in the Aesclepias family along with milk weeds. They are epiphytic and do well in orchid mixes or mounted on slabs just like orchids. I don't have room for another thing, but for those that are interested, the seed is not that hard to raise.

Are you also tripping over plants!? :wink:

you would not believe, but then again - maybe you would! :rollhappy:

Trays on the floor in the aisle - have to pick them up to get in between the benches., ugh. But I have not been able to get together a list of what is saleable. I will try to do so next month. Gotta make room.

Here are two photos of my greenhouse. That is my prized Laelia anceps var. veitchiana blooming.

IMG_2659b.jpg

IMG_2657b.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

Yes, that's exactly how I mean! WHy don't you move that big tree into the house?! More room for orchids! :evil:
That ficus tree was planted into the ground by the previous owner. It's trunk is now over three inches in diameter. My only option is to remove it, which I've often thought about doing. But it does provide shade for lots of my orchids.

Why remove it??? You can prune it to the extend needed, but not remove it!!! Helps the microclimate and is a perfect natural hanging point for pots!!! See, it's very useful!!!;)

Latest posts

Back