Ansellia africana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

The plant (on the left)
almost won the WOC 2005 Best in show- but for some stupid reason which I will not dig into it came in 2nd.

ansellia%20africana.jpg

WOW so well bloomed Uri!...Is that you in the pic?
Ansellia africana can get big...I have the fma. alba, 'Garden Party' clone it stays much more compact. It doesn't get above 2 feet tall

Is this the same plant Uri?? I was completely knocked over was I saw that one in Dijon. Never seen such a beautiful monster sized plant with that many blooms before (I had seen quite large ones at Lecoufle in Boissy-St-Léger some years ago). Jean

pict0031anselliaafricandz7.jpg

Yeah I'm the man on the picture and that is the same plant from the Luxembourg gardens

Not only the plant is impressive, but the flowers seems to have a good shape...

Uri, you can dig up the reasons as well. To my mind, when looking at the awards, I did not understand 2/3 of them. Overrated, underrated. The main problem I would say was that many "judges" at that event either did not know what they were looking at ( especially in the french judges...), or were partial to some friends, tried to give awards "useful", that is to people that are commercial...

Latest posts

Back