Another stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A year or two? Wonder if it's from the same batch, I got one from Dean 6/07, the parents are 'Melancholy' x 'Penanko Pride'. I can only hope! :drool:

hi rose, no this is not one of the 'Melancholy' cross from Orchid Zone.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments. i'm very excited about this plant as it is a good, vigorous stonei...i hope the selfing takes!

Just heard from the lab there was successful germination from the stonei selfing I did last year!

Great plant and flowers!

I love this species far more than rothschildianum: it has not fallen prey to the "flat flower" breeders yet.

unfortunately the mothere plant has died--i had an attack of erwina this winter and this was the most painful victim. I could have easily saved it with phyton but didn't have any at the time. I am still very upset about it. I've since worked on correcting my cultural issues.

It was an extremely vigorous and fast-growing plant, which is one of the main reasons i selfed it along with the nice flowers. Hoping for fast-growing stonei offspring.

Great plant and flowers!

I love this species far more than rothschildianum: it has not fallen prey to the "flat flower" breeders yet.

i agree that a problem with rothschildianum these days is many of the seedlings come out looking exactly the same. There is a lot less diversity, whch for me is one of the main reasons to grow paphs--they are all unique.

Latest posts

Back