Another roths

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We see very well the big size on this picture!

We see too a problem spike for this bloom but I have too sometimes and the next will be normal.

How many flowers please?

Good one. Keep it!!!

Thank you very much for the source info G! So is that the whole plant behind the flower?! I see where you have pollenated the flower in the bottom-right corner. Is that this roth as well? (multi spikes!). Did you personally collect this plant in one of your many "field trips"?

This plant dates back to one of my first field trips. There were 3 plants growing in an assortment of old oil tins outside the door of my mountain guides neighbour (also a mountain guide) In those days there was no real structured system if you wanted to climb Kinabalu, it was more a case of arranging a local guide and paying park fees. (When I took my boys up Kinabalu 7 years ago, I could not believe how things had changed and how busy and commercial it had become)
This plant has 3 mature growths and two new starts. The plant in the background is one of the other three plants which I became the proud owner of on that trip (swapped my very worn out sneakers for the three).
This flowering there are only three flowers (previously it flowered with four), but all my plants last season were abused by a malfunctioning fertigator.
(On the same trip we collected virens, none of which have survived till present, but I am left with two of the original three roths. Both are quite similar in colouring and size, this being the slightly better of the two. I will be sibling the two plants in the next week or so. The other plant has been crossed with Yang-Ji Apple)
I have a few other roths busy opening at the moment, and also roths-mini in bloom again, so I will post a comparative picture over the weekend.

Brothers and sisters? I'd be asking for a paternity test. That first one is like no other roth I have ever seen. It is totally unique. At that size it must be an impressive sight to see in person. Nice space between the flowers in that 2nd clone.

The dirty sneaker clone is unique for sure! Nice clone to have. The second as David mention has a nice spread between flowers but I also notice the pouch appears to be more uniform red. Meaning, far less orange/yellow around the rim of the pouch, very desirable. The last one, five flower or will be, shows the orange/yellow I'm referring to.

Wow amazing!!!:drool: I've always loved these multiflorals but could never find any in South Africa:( It has such a nice colouration, a nice Rothschild :p

Latest posts

Back