Another reddish P. venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Here is my P. venustum. Nice but less reddish than the previous flowering :(

The bud opened 5 days ago and petals haven't reflexed yet. I hope they stay this way till the flower dies because I really like the shape of this flower.

This growth has developed and flowered in 8 months.
Flower NS: 9.0 cm.

As usual, I hope you like it. (And sorry for the awful stance of the stick in the 2nd photo).

12013174506_f2b6362cd4_c.jpg

12020126595_8b79eabe1c_c.jpg

Paphiopedilum venustum

I also hope it keeps its form, 'cause that's really nice. It looks like a nice, healthy plant too. :D

Very nice:clap:

Now I'm counting on you to turn this into a 25 growth specimen plant with 10 blooms open all at once:poke:

Very nice:clap:

Now I'm counting on you to turn this into a 25 growth specimen plant with 10 blooms open all at once:poke:

Hahaha. Well...not so difficult. It only needs 22 aditional growths and 9 more flowers. It could be worse!!

Great photograph - as usual - and a magnific plant. Even if the petal reflex, it still we be a very nice flower. If this is not a daylight-photo, could you show us this flower with daylight, please?

I also hope it keeps its form, 'cause that's really nice. It looks like a nice, healthy plant too. :D
Thanks Terése.
This growth grew up really fast. I hope it continues growing this way so that Rick can see a 25 growths plant with 10 flowers.

Great photograph - as usual - and a magnific plant. Even if the petal reflex, it still we be a very nice flower. If this is not a daylight-photo, could you show us this flower with daylight, please?
Thank you. All my photos are taken with natural daylight (except the vinicolor hybrid pics)
Last flowering petals reflexed as days went by...

I have one in bud now and it's slow going, but if it's half as lovely as your bloom, I'll be thrilled.
Thanks for your sweet words. Mine lasted exactly 3 months from low seath to fully opened flower.
In my conditions, winter species develop their flowers slowly because I let the temperature drop below 15 ºC even for the Barbata Section. But most of them seem to like it.

Latest posts

Back