Another Phrag. Twilight x fischeri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I really like the color of this one. This is the second bloom on the spike (the other had some brown spots so I cut it off, but it seems that the hybrid will hold two or three blooms open at once).

You may recall that I posted a photo of another plant of this hybrid a month or so ago. This particular plant is much larger than the last one. The leaf span is about 15" natural spread, but would be much larger if I held them out.

Anyway, excuse the massive size of the photos... on my monitor, which is set to 1440 x 900, they seem like a reasonable size, and smaller photos lose detail :) These were taken with my new Nikon; 4 seconds at f16, ISO 100, with the kit lens which isn't very sharp, I've discovered (18-135mm).

phrag-twilight-x-fischeri3.jpg

phrag-twilight-x-fischeri4.jpg

The plant was grown in S/H, and is now two years out of the flask.

- Matt

That is such a great looking flower and the photo is great to. Thanks for sharing. Jim.

That looks like it could be awardable (well from this angle it does). I would love to own it.

Actually, Eric, the color on this one is considerably darker than the first one I bloomed... but you're right, they look about the same in the photo. I'll have to pull out the plant and set it next to my computer while I adjust the color/brightness/saturation/etc. until I get it right.

Chuck Acker sent me a photo recently of one that he bloomed, and its really dark, but evenly across the bloom... a burgundy, but without the lighter pouch interior. I'm hoping that I get another bloom with dark color like that :)

- Matt

Latest posts

Back