Another Paph. bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. I have a plant and it has never ever given a second thought of blooming. What gives?
I grow them under lights in constantly warm temps. They certainly grow slower and are a bit more finicky than the other brachys. Maybe it really just depends on the particular clone? Try to get some more from different sources! You’re an amazing grower and have an amazing growing environment. I’m sure you’ll find some that will bloom well

I grow them under lights in constantly warm temps. They certainly grow slower and are a bit more finicky than the other brachys. Maybe it really just depends on the particular clone? Try to get some more from different sources! You’re an amazing grower and have an amazing growing environment. I’m sure you’ll find some that will bloom well
This is beautiful, very. Anything you can share to us in the feeding culture. Much appreciated. I have tried many sources before and they do make it to flower but all of them but one left, the new growth just don't grow as well and the vigor was just not there anymore. Maybe we can learn from you. Keep us posted please when the new growth/s come out.
Thanks.

This is beautiful, very. Anything you can share to us in the feeding culture. Much appreciated. I have tried many sources before and they do make it to flower but all of them but one left, the new growth just don't grow as well and the vigor was just not there anymore. Maybe we can learn from you. Keep us posted please when the new growth/s come out.
Thanks.
I feed very very lightly. 1/8 tsp per gallon of tap water probably 2 times a month. I alternate between miracle gro and calcium nitrate but no fixed schedule. I've just recently bought Kelpak so I cant tell yet if it's working. I plan to use it every month at the recommended 1 tbsp per gallon of water.

I feed very very lightly. 1/8 tsp per gallon of tap water probably 2 times a month. I alternate between miracle gro and calcium nitrate but no fixed schedule. I've just recently bought Kelpak so I cant tell yet if it's working. I plan to use it every month at the recommended 1 tbsp per gallon of water.
That is very very light. You must be using bark.
Thanks

What’s your tap water ppm to start? I screwed up my whole collection last year by not measuring.

I tried using RO water in varying percentages and my plants didn’t do so well. Also tried adjusting ph but didn’t see much difference

I tried using RO water in varying percentages and my plants didn’t do so well. Also tried adjusting ph but didn’t see much difference
Interesting… I only use RO water and adjust all feed with pH 5.8-6.2. I have kept more paphs alive and blooming with this regiment.

What do you think the RO did when you used it. Did you feed regularly? I feed each alternate waterings.

I was feeding more when using RO water . No clue. But just didn’t think it’s worth all the effort. Plants do quite well with little feed and water straight from the tap.

They look fantastic whatever you’re doing.

What do you feed them?

Do both species (brachys and barbatum types) and hybrids act the same way?

Last edited:
They look fantastic whatever you’re doing.

What do you feed them?

Do both species (brachys and barbatum types) and hybrids act the same way?
i dont grow barbatum types. Both species and hybrid brachys do well with tap water yes. Bellatulum slower in general.

Latest posts

Back