Another of my hybrids has bloomed: Paph Stephen Male

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
This is from my 2016 cross of roth 'Vermithrax' x Robinianum 'Alissa Male' FCC
I sent most of this cross to Tyler (Morandiwine), and this one shot ahead of the pack. Pretty much as expected: a moody Julius. 6 years from pollination, not bad.
Named after one of the best orchid growers on the east coast, who was nice enough to give me pollen. :)
Paph Stephen Male.jpg

Lovely flowers with nice dark colouration of the pouch and the tips of the petals and a good shape. What I'm wondering is .... is the colour of the pouch really so dark and almost black or is it only in the photo because the flowers are in the shadow ?

Lovely flowers with nice dark colouration of the pouch and the tips of the petals and a good shape. What I'm wondering is .... is the colour of the pouch really so dark and almost black or is it only in the photo because the flowers are in the shadow ?

Yes it IS that dark! Quite striking if I do say.

The spike had a third bud but it blasted three weeks ago when we had 112°F temps and the greenhouse could not keep up. These plants were very easy to grow and there are maybe a dozen that will bloom for me next season and the balance the year after. The leaves and growth habit is more lowii than the 75% roth in the background. Really the best possible situation for someone who is running out of space. Lol.

Thanks for letting me grow these out Tony!

Tyler

Back