Another "No ID"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
I've posted this little beauty online, and received quite a few suggestions regarding the parents.
I'd say henryanum x ???, but have no proof what so ever. gratrixianum, villosum and barbigerum have been mentioned as the other part.
What's your take on this? Pot is 5 cm.

50645033267_8b39b9a0ff_c.jpg

50644941816_5b2e50c720_c.jpg

Am I the only one here experiencing some sort of dejavu:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/paph-hybrid-id-help.48520/
If it's the same plant, you have clearly become a better photographer, Per, and/or gotten better equipment? And I have to retract my former statement discarding influence from charlesworthii - it's clearly there in the porcelaine-whiteness of the staminodal shield. It, actually, could be anything with some degree of henry, gratrix and charles involved...God knows?

If it's not the same plant, Eric's advice from then is still valid:
Ask the vendor.

PS. This may not help you in your search for the Identity of your plant, but it's an interesting article on Miniature Paphs....and clearly demonstrantes how lost you are, when loosing the name tag of a complex hybride!

Attachments

• Miniature_Paphiopedilums.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Jens, last time I used the pics from the auction. This time they are mine from the first bloom here. The flowers are better this time I think 😁
I did ask the seller, but they didn't know.

Might be (Little Trouble x henryanum)?
Little Trouble is (barbigerum x charlesworthii)

I didn’t include villosum because it wipes out the white staminode, even though I did think (Doll’s Kobold x villosum) at first.

Henryanum as direct parent due to the strong colors.

My two cents lol

You are right the flowers have definately improved, and are quite beautiful! Thankfully, we can aesthetically appreciate the outcome without knowing the origin.
You mention the size of the pot, the actual measures of the flower would be of greater interest, if I may be so frank! (A somewhat larger flower might point in the direction of gratrix-involvement - a somewhat smaller one might give some support to Leslie's bid or something thereabout....or....)
I did ask the seller, but they didn't know.
Ask God - or start experimenting with miniature hybrids yourself...and with some luck we might have an answer in a 5-7, 10, 15 years time....or never!

Last edited:
At any rate that's a very nice little beauty. I only can quote NY Eric...call it NOID.....anything else is a highly speculative guessing game.

Latest posts

Back