Another newbie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tazmanorchids

Just wanted to say HI!
I just joined yesterday. My names Nathan and I've been growing orchids for around 10 years. Its been mostly paphs and phrags all that time. I'm definately a slipper nut. I've only reciently (2 years ago) gotten a greenhouse and been enjoying trying to fill it! I wish good growing to everybody, and maybe someday I'll have good advice to post to somebody!
This seems like a good group. Keep up the good work!
Nathan Taylor

:clap::clap::clap:WELCOME Nathan! What part of Michigan are you? We have a couple of orchid nuts in your state!

I'm from Allegan, west Michigan. Its about half way between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. I've been a member of the G.V.O.S. in the past, but currently not. I do plan on re-joining.
nathan

I'm another fairly new orchid grower who has found himself gravitating towards Paphs not only because they intrique me but because I find them the easiest of all the orchids to grow.I reside in southwest Ontario,grow mostly under lights and have about fifty orchids in my collection of which about 18 are paphs and 1 lonely phrag however the phrag side of it seems to be growing in leaps and bounds.I am a member of COOS The Central Ontario Orchid Society which has been a huge help with some members being light years ahead of me in expertese and very willing to help as is as I have found the way with most gardeners.Here is a list of my paphs
Barbatum
Concolor 'Spotty x Alban'
Concolor
Dragonflag x Oriental Enchantment (Alba)
Druid Spring 'Druryi Pittsford x Primulum Flavium'
Fumis Gold
Gina Short
Gratrixignum
Hella La Buena x Terra Sunset
Key Lime x Onyx Luna Moth
Lynleight Koopowitz
Makulix x Desert Spring
Mukuli ' Oriental Mystic x Sommers Isle' Album
Moquettianum x Vietnamese
Magic Lantern
Niveum
Bo-Ying Chow 'Pinocchio x Bellatalum'
Snowflake x Magnettianum
Stagecoach x Gratixianum
St. Albans
'Venestumaurcum x Fairianum' Alba

Phrag
Sedenii

Ren Taylor

Welcome from Ottawa. I have mostly Phaleonopsis, a few dendrobiums, several oncidiums and some ceologene cristata as well as a couple of paphs (one maudiae and a St Swithins). I also have one cyprepedium (Reginae) that I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring to see if it survived the winter. I love them all and really enjoy this site for the good, friendly advice.

WELCOME Ren - nice selection you have! We'll help you double that in no time!:poke:

I burn wood for my greenhouse. I've got an outdoor stove. It heats the house, greenhouse, and hot water for in the house. I'm looking to add a waterheater for in the greenhouse as well. We had sun shine today. Its the first time in a couple weeks.

Welcome! Tazman...I see you have some nice complex crosses on Ebay....Take care, Eric

Welcome to both of you!

Nathan, Allegan isn't too far from Lansing -- the Greater Lansing Orchid Society show is this weekend at the MSU conservatory. Maybe you'd like to come? Quite a few slippers here, both in the show and for sale...

I have been to the lansing show a few times. It is quite nice. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend.
I do sometimes sell some plants on e-bay. I only sell stuff that I wouldn't be affraid to buy myself. I guess thats my motto: If I wouldn't want to buy it, I shouldn't be selling it either!
Well I have to run. Have a good weekend all, and I hope the lansing show goes good.
nathan

Latest posts

Back