Another Mexican Butterwort

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
Here is my Ping :rollhappy: ! I love these things, and so does anyone that sees them...I do garden club presentations and usually have a few extra to take.they go like hotcakes. Especially when they are in bloom !
DSCF0006-1.jpg

Last edited:
:poke: Oooo, cool. Can you tell us how to do that please ? I want more of them...

Joanne

This has been an experiment of mine since being told it was possible...and since you do lose leaves when you divide because they are so fragile. I have found the leaves more in the center take better than the lower leaves..perhaps the lower leaves are already getting ready to die...anyways ,I just take a pencil point to make a small hole and place them straight up with the end that came lose from the plant carefully in the hole(reg.potting mix)..not too deep. They are still green..no sign of "growth" yet but staying green for a month is good:D... I have had no problem dividing the rosettes..just plunk them down on the potting soil and they are good to go !

Latest posts

Back