Another Liberty Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is hangianum x micranthum "Rouget" FCC/AOS. I purchased a flask of these and have bloomed several. The color is always good, but the ones with the largest petals were floppy and the markings were less distinct. I have a few left yet to bloom, but I suspect I'm not going to get one with the perfect blend of size and markings. It is interesting to note that one of them bloomed with the largest pouch I have ever seen on a paph. I intend to keep all of them and bloom them a 2nd and 3rd time, keeping the strongest and best of the bunch.

I'm developing cabin fever here and thinking of doing something unholy. I have the pollen from this plant and I keep looking at this sweet, innocent hainanense. I feel like Doctor Frankenstein.

MikeDSCN2767.JPG

Hi, Mike!
That is cute. Are my seedlings from the same batch?
I have only bloomed one whose flower was not good by the way, small, dull, and wonky,,,it had all the deduction points haha, but it is a super grower sending up five new growths in combination of "normal" basal growths and a semi-stolon.
I'm looking forward to seeing other seedlings come into bloom and one more supposedly mature size plant from a different breeding.

I like your description in the very last paragraph. Go for it! would love to see how the result will turn out.

Happy

All of these have come from the same flask. I did have two with damaged dorsals, but that was my fault, too much light on the bud as it was developing and it desiccated the exposed dorsal sepal. Oh well, they grow fast, so it is likely I will see them bloom again within a few years. Mike

Happy

All of these have come from the same flask. I did have two with damaged dorsals, but that was my fault, too much light on the bud as it was developing and it desiccated the exposed dorsal sepal. Oh well, they grow fast, so it is likely I will see them bloom again within a few years. Mike
Thank you, Mike!
I'm motivated to keep the rest of my seedlings until they bloom now.
By the way, that perfectly fabulous micranthum in your avatar, is it going strong still??
How about marrying it with one of your LT? I recently purchased a flask of such a cross but the seedlings are super small and will likely take a very long time to see first bloom out of them.

Latest posts

Back