Another Johanna Burkhardt

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Only one flower, and not as dark as I'd like, but the flower is large, so maybe if I can keep the plant alive (I almost lost it), it will be OK.

Nice flower, Dot. Maybe, if you bump up the light a bit, you can force it to bloom darker...
Just curious, how big are your plants for these? I wanna know how long I have to wait :p.

Very nice Dot. This looks like it is from the normal adductum.

Wondering the same. Do you have parents for this plant?

It has the same parents (rothschildianum 'Knight' x adductum v. anitum 'Black Stallion') as the one I posted here:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36870&highlight=Johanna+Burkhardt

I think I'll contact Glenn and find out if the adductum is really anitum or not. I wrote in my database that it is anitum but I'll have to double check the fading tag.

I have seen quite a few bloom out from this same cross. They have been hard to grow. I almost lost mine twice. You would be surprised by this picture but some have bloomed out with no doubt anitum used in the cross. Very dark alost half black dorsal with very saturated color. I wonder if PH has an effect on the color like other flowers? Anitum is more on the acid side.

Latest posts

Back