another jackii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
so far I'm having a good malipo/jackii year : alrady bloomed 2 malipo, 1 jackii semi-alba and 1 jackii and I have 2 more malipos in buds

This is the second jackii for this year, not my favorite though

dsc05786lw2.jpg

Well, I certainly wouldn't kick it to the curb, but of course we all have our favorites. You certainly have fine taste in slippers--I believe the appropriately spastic reply is "Yay malipoense and jackii!" :D

Wonderful!
I have a small jackii seedling, but I have a feeling it's on its way to the grave.

I would be very happy with it. I think the form gives it the individualistic look.
Here is the malipoense I got from Glen (Piping Rock) at Deepcut show last Saturday (thanks, Glen),
This malipoense "Jerry Bass" x "Jack" has a jackii feel to it, but the staminode is purely malipoense. I think it has a quite nice pouch

Attachments

• malipoense.JPG
    malipoense.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 18
Hien I knew a Jerry Bass here on L I.His wife was really into orchids but I understand she isn't now.I wonder if this plant was named after him .He died a number of years ago. Hmmm.

Hien I knew a Jerry Bass here on L I.His wife was really into orchids but I understand she isn't now.I wonder if this plant was named after him .He died a number of years ago. Hmmm.

It could be, Glen is in New York state, and most orchid peoples know each others.

Great colour - so amazingly green - I love it! Only have a couple of young ones, so it will be a while yet for me...

Dan

Latest posts

Back