Another Home Run With Fox Valley

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAB

Reaction score
In the dictionary under 'customer service' it says "See Tom Kalina!"
I have only ordered once, maybe twice from Tom in the past, yet he remembered our limited conversation and me mentioning some of my favorites (tigrinum) enough to contact me months later and let me know of some of his latest offerings! I mean... in the grand scheme of things I am no body. I can barely afford the $100 I spend with him, yet even the smallest customer he spends the time with and remembers!

I mention this because customer service is an art that is being lost. I have dealt with over 12 different orchid dealers in the past couple years and Tom is without a doubt the shining example most should model themselves after! Answers questions and emails in a timely manner. Always tries to consolidate items to save the customer on shipping. Provides tracking info quickly. Basic ****, but this is what makes the difference between me coming back and never spending a dime with you again!

Cheers Tom!!!
LETS GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake

Thanks Guys,

We're the smallest (by far) of any of the vendors listed here in terms of greenhouse bench space, so we have to do everything possible to stand above the crowd - and customer service (along with being able to offer seedlings not commonly available elsewhere) is an easy way to do it. Next year will be our 30th year in business (yikes!) and many of our first customers are still with us. It's been a great ride! And for those of you like Jake who are Cubs fans - THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Last edited:
Troy... you are welcome to jump on the Cubbies band wagon ;)

Ottawa Senators!? Alright... finally a hockey fan!!! ;)

Always good to read positive feedbacks. :)

Almost everyone I dealt with, except for two or three, have been very friendly and polite.

I like to see what I buy in person. This way, I don't hold grudge on anyone lol and I feel attracted to certain plants sometimes and just buy them.
So, my purchases have been mostly at shows, nursery visits, or eBay most of the time.

Almost everyone has been very pleasant to deal with and I like this.

Tom is the reason I have an undying passion for slippers. His taste in clones and line breeding will carry on long after his golf games.

And yes, ditto on the customer service, shipping and plant quality!

Going to be a strong year! Well rested and hopefully fully healed up... I think our odds are solid!

Back