another henry ;-)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is a kind of albino form as the red colour isn't shown in the flower. On the other hand it has these very pale but lightly darker spots of P. henryanum in the dorsal as well as in the petals. I don't know, if these spots contain the red anthocyanin.

t is a kind of albino form as the red colour isn't shown in the flower. On the other hand it has these very pale but lightly darker spots of P. henryanum in the dorsal as well as in the petals. I don't know, if these spots contain the red anthocyanin.

Oh, pant, pant....I want it (but can't afford it at the moment!)...the question of the spotting, that you raise, is certainly of interest. Albeit, the same form of spotting, doesn't keep people away from calling plants "album", when it comes to P. tonsum and P. sukhaulii. This colour form certainly is very different from the semi-albinistic form of P. henryanum fma. christae - and might deserve a taxonomic status of its own! (It might already have gotten one in Olaf Gruss' new triptychon on the genus Paphiopedilum?).
If ever your clone is awarded, Fibre, an appropriate clonal name would be 'Ghost' ;)

.....and obviously very rare. Kudos for growing and flowering it. 👍
Thank you Rudolf! In fact, this is not an easy plant to grow and flower. I'm so glad that I managed to get a flower!

Good saving and blooming. Not easy.

This looks like the albino form of henryanum. As long as there isn't any red or brown anthocyanin pigmentation, the darken chartreuse spots of the normal spots locations happen in all albino species that have spotting.

PS there is an album henryanum here awarded as 'Ghost Leopard' in the AOS (I have two divisions here that are sulking and not wanting to bloom lol).

PS there is an album henryanum here awarded as 'Ghost Leopard' in the AOS (I have two divisions here that are sulking and not wanting to bloom lol).
Did I ever tell you, how much I hate you, Leslie?! 😉😁😁

Ps. Did you ever succeed in acquiring the P. tigrnum fma smaragdinum, before Boscha Popow preceded us in the Kingdom of Heaven? If so, multiply my hatred and jealousy with a factor 100, if that might be sufficient !

Did I ever tell you, how much I hate you, Leslie?! 😉😁😁

Ps. Did you ever succeed in acquiring the P. tigrnum fma smaragdinum, before Boscha Popow preceded us in the Kingdom of Heaven? If so, multiply my hatred and jealousy with a factor 100, if that might be sufficient !
Haha I’m sure the green eyes will water when I have babies for you!

I was on the reserve list for the tigrinum album. Let’s see how Alexey will handle it after the mourning period. He and I spoke in great lengths on this last year.

Latest posts

Back